Sunday, April 4, 2010

New final project idea...?

Okay, for this week I would like to ask for your input on something. I'm thinking about changing my final project from a paper on why animation itself is more of an art form that a source of entertainment to doing a still image project on baseball.

I have an idea about shooting a baseball game and also capturing all of the natural sound to tell the story of the baseball game. To me, still image animation MUST have natural sound, otherwise it loses a lot of the story. It's like watching television without sound, or just looking at a bunch of pictures that leaves you with questions about what's going on. Natural sound itself is a powerful source when also visually showing something and it's also useful in radio.

I'm sure most of you would rather do a project than write a 10 page paper, but at least tell me what you think of my projects idea. Thanks.

3 comments:

  1. I think this is a good idea but I see some issues which could come up in the production. First off, what kind of animation would you use? I think if you could do it with stop motion and Lego figures it would be awesome. And second, would you go to a real baseball game and record the sound, or would you simply take the sound off of a recorded game? Either way would work I think. Maybe get Harry Carey in there too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd probably use still images and toy around with them in photoshop. And I would go to a real game and record the sound.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it is a good idea but I strongly recommend you to work in the preproduction, storyboard what you want to tell and think on how many frames you would like to end up doing according to the sound that you have and the final time for the piece. This will save time later in the production and also let you work for efficiently in photoshop with the still images for having a more fluent animation. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete